Thursday 19 February 2009

Plane sight

I doubt that “Beverley Hills Chihuahua” would have been my film of choice. But then in-flight movie selection was always a mysterious art.

Lacking headphones, I could only guess at the plot. It had lots of talking dogs in it (including a German shepherd, the double of Kaos) and was the second film on the trot on the aeroplane to feature crumbling Aztec ruins. I think I grasped the gist.

Strangely, I was sitting in the same seat on the way home as I did on the outbound trip – seat 32D. It was one of those fabulous ones by the emergency exits; so long as the monkey monster thing from the Twilight Zone doesn’t come along and wrench the door open, there’s plenty of leg room. My silent children’s film watching was only interrupted by being whacked on the elbow by the finely-turned bottom of a rather rotund air stewardess as she busied herself in the cabin. I thought she resembled Victoria Wood – but in appearance only, not demeanour. Thus I also thought it best to keep that observation to myself

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, Katy ....

    Back again. Only a few minutes ago, I noticed you had paid me a visit in return for my initial visit to your page. Thank you. I left you a short note there, as well.

    Once upon a time, I did a bit of diving myself. I learned how as a teenager in muddy Minnesota lakes, finally took a class in college, and still another class for military certification. I never did much diving after that. Then, a few years later, I developed problems with my ears while in Lake Superior, and have never donned the gear again.

    Anyway, I enjoy reading your stuff, and will keep an eye on what you have to "say," provided you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fram

    Thank you for dropping by again and great to hear from you.

    I know what you mean about the ears and diving thing and sorry to hear that ear problems put an end to your diving.

    Mine are ok in that sense but take a long time to equalise on the way down. Once they're ok they're fine for the rest of the dive, but getting to that point in the first place feels as if it takes an age. Rather to the puzzlement of my patient companions who are forced to stare up at me for half an eternity whilst I pinch my nose.

    ReplyDelete