Tuesday 23 June 2009

Tumbleweed Tuesday


I have tumbleweed blowing around where my brain should be and my fingers are conspiring with one another to type only gobbledygook. Well, a little more gobbledygook than usual anyway...

So before I quit flogging this dead horse for today, I'd just like to add another to my occasional series of mobile phone snaps of interesting bathrooms in historic settings.

This picture was taken from the 3rd floor of the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich: specifically, from the prised-open sash window within the ladies' convenience therein upon the occasion of a meeting this morning at the aforementioned building.

A World Heritage Site and 'the baroque masterpiece of English architecture', the Old Royal Naval College was planned by Sir Christopher Wren during the first half of the eighteenth century and is one of London's most famous riverside landmarks. The buildings are simply stunning: however many times I see them they just take my breath away.

And as bathrooms go, that sure is one heck of a loo with a view.

Normal gobbledygook service will resume shortly. In the meantime, here's a link to the website of the Old Royal Naval College: http://www.oldroyalnavalcollege.org/

6 comments:

  1. Almost as good as being atop a mountain -- the view, I mean.

    I think some of your meetings are worth the price in any tedium suffered simply because of their locations, Katy. I envy you for the living history at your fingertips.

    In the meantime, rock on ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....upper class loo with a view to be sure! Now, did they provide the essentials or was it one of those 'forgotten places' in the greater scheme of things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always fun to go to the loo with you Katy...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, yes, Fram, the views are amazing, the buildings are amazing, the whole thing is really quite glorious. You'd love them I think, espcaillay the painted chapel. I'm not sure that it makes the tedium of the meetings worthwhile, but it sure helps to numb the pain a little bit...

    You rock on too Fram - that really made me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All essentials present and correct you'll be pleased to know, Cat - impeccably so, in fact, including paper towels to dry your hands rather than having to use an air drier :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee hee Kelly - well we girls do always like to go to the loo in groups... :-)

    ReplyDelete