Sunday 4 January 2009

Once more into the breech...

I was 40 a month ago today.

So far, I am pleased to report from behind the frontline of the first four weeks of my 5th decade that:

  • My hair has not gone grey
  • My teeth have not fallen out
  • I have not started thinking that my health constitutes an interesting topic of conversation
  • My face does not yet resemble one of those wrinkly Japanese dogs

Which means that all of those things are yet to look forward to. So as is customary at the start of a new year, I thought I'd write myself a list of unstickable to resolutions - my resolution pages. Here they are:

  1. Take food / a packed lunch to work every day
  2. Feel more motivated about things I have to do even if I don't really want to do them
  3. Get out of the habit of buying a chocolate bar every day
  4. Read more
  5. Watch more TV / DVDs
  6. Spend less time on the internet
  7. Move on from my relationship with D
  8. Try something completely new this year
  9. Sort my finances out - and having done so, keep on living within my means
  10. Have another bash at giving up smoking
  11. Or at least reduce the amount I smoke by a lot
  12. Write another book
  13. Acknowledge the pleasure I find in every day things - people, birds, wildlife, dogs, Lockets

I've written them in my diary so I can carry them around with me and chastise myself on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment